Tuesday, August 25, 2009

sure missed THAT at the inspection

I do remember the inspector taking a second look at part of the insulation but he wasn't too concerned about it if I remember right. crap. From the first few days in the house I thought part of the insulation in the basement looked funny. As I have been rooting around back there trying to figure out the best way to lay out some network cable for my newest project (post on that coming!) I realized what was going on.

At some point in the past a mouse has moved in and ain't paying rent! I first noticed a few droppings, then realized some ripped up insulation went deeper than i thought and it actually turned out to be quite a nice little mouse apartment. a little digging and....ACK! A little mouse skeleton picked clean. What the.... Ok so I know now a) why the insulation on part of this wall looks jacked up, and b) why nobody fed on my mouse traps, but that brings to question 1) what the crap picked the bones clean and 2) It's not that large of a spot of insulation that needs replacing, but is that something I really want to do myself?

Sigh....home0wning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment