Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First handyman WIN, pre-home!

I stupidly put all the skins of carrots from dinner last night down the garbage disposal. Yeah, not a good idea. Dealt with a clogged sink while trying to make burgers, and the running dishwasher filled it almost to the top! DOH!

A bottle of some sort of unholy chemicals didnt make a dent. We're still in our apartment for another week so I know I could call in a service request, but they took three weeks to replace our faucet when it broke. And then they did again two weeks later for no known reason. I GOT THIS, i thought.

Now I need to preface with the fact that I am pretty much dumb when it comes to anything that's not a computer. Literally. So much so that I started working on my own bikes this year just to teach my damn self how it all works. Too many tools, too many mistakes and too many curse words later I have a good understanding of it all.....and will gladly pay the shop to wrench for me.

So I took a look under the sink to see what it all looked like.... pretty simple - all PVC with tool-less connectors. I assumed the clog was between the disposal and the other side since the left side of the sink drained fine. A few turns later, and smartly for once realizing I should put a bucket underneath to catch the unholy mess, viola! We have a clog in a pipe! Easily cleaned it, put her back together again and we're draining! Yeah, pretty elementary in the big scheme of things but it's a step! And I didn't break anything or cut myself. That's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment