Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TED5000 support with Google PowerMeter


I was pretty excited last week to see that Google announced support for TED5000 in their newish PowerMeter application (announcement). I scrambled to get the new firmware installed and talking to the big Google in the sky as soon as I could. First impression is I'm a little disappointed in the lack of bells and whistles, but hey it's better than my hacked together RRD graphs! I read here or there that they are suppose to be adding more advanced features to come as it catches on. We'll see....

Essentially, the new firmware just gives you a section in the settings to hook up with your iGoogle account. When you get it rolling, it will add a new widget or whatever Google calls them (first time using iGoogle). I can't wait to see ways of comparing your usage to other users, or common trends in your area, or even +/- than in the past would be great too.

Makes me really wish I had a electric water and house heater as the temperature continues to drop in Colorado lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment